Serendipity Arts Virtual Grant
Deadline for Applications: 17 May 2021
Duration of Grant: 6 Months | 7th June 2021 – 30 November 2021
Grant Amount: Up to INR 1,00,000
- The awardee on the completion of the project must submit a report of 1000 words.
- Audited fund utilization certificate as per format provided for the total fund granted must be submitted
- The project shall be part of the Serendipity Arts Virtual initiative
- Serendipity Arts Foundation shall connect the grantee to field experts, mentors, practitioners, and other professionals from the SAF universe, to aid in expanding the scope of the chosen project based on its requirement.
- Project must be a new media project.
- Project proposals not limited in scope, and can cross disciplines in science, art and literature
- Project proposal must be adapted to the digital/virtual space, developing a project responding to the internet as a site
- Project proposal not be more that 1000 words, submitting details explaining the concept and story board of the production, along with a statement of relevance/justification of the grant, and nature of collaboration.
- A detailed budget must be submitted along with the application
- Applicants must submit examples of past work, as well as an execution plan for the project proposal
- Complete Application Form must be submitted in order for proposal to qualify for shortlisting
- No Age Limit for applications
- The project will be hosted on Serendipity Arts Virtual’s domain only.
- The Grant is open to practitioners in India only.
- Applicants must be emerging/mid-career practitioners, having about 5-10 years of experience
- This grant is applicable only for developing a new project. An idea for the project could have been showcased before as a work in progress sharing. The documentation of the work in progress is to be submitted as part of the application.
- Applicants who have received a grant in the past 1 year for the same proposed project, from the date of announcement of the Serendipity Virtual Grant are ineligible to apply.
- The Grant shall be availed within 6 months of receiving it.* However, with the ongoing times of disruptions owing to the pandemic, the Grant is open for review for extension if need be.
- After the selection by the jury, the grantees shall sign a contract with Serendipity Arts Foundation to complete the selection process.
- Due credits to be given to Serendipity Arts Foundation, wherever the Grant Project is mentioned or showcased.
- Reports/WIP to be submitted every fortnight, after receiving the grant.
- What is a new media project?
- New Media projects are creative ideas arising from technology that includes digital interfaces, computer generated animations, gaming, human-computer interface, interactive virtual installations, websites, virtual worlds – AI or VR etc.
- What are interdisciplinary projects?
- Interdisciplinary projects are proposals which go beyond a single area of practice and inquiry in Art, Literature, Science etc. An example of an interdisciplinary project is Future Landing.
- Can I render a preexisting physical project in a virtual space for the grant?
- Yes, an existing project can be executed digitally for the grant
- I am a Visual Art practitioner, can I apply by myself?
- My project has received a seed funding, can I still apply for the grant?
- What should the budget include?
- The budget must include the heads of expenditure associated to developing a digital project like web design, web development, artists fee, coding, etc.
- I am a coder, can I collaborate with a Chef for the a project pitched for the Grant?
- Yes, all collaborative projects across disciplines are eligible for the Grant
- Do I need to purchase a domain?
- No, the grant project would be hosted on the Serendipity Arts Virtual domain within its servers